**Limited number of free (donor sponsored) seats are available. Please call for details.**
**Class timings are Sundays from 9:30 AM to 3 PM**
“Teaching an Inclusive Class” is a 6 month weekend certified course for in-service teachers teaching all grades, candidates currently enrolled in teacher training programs, and passionate new graduates who are considering teaching as a career option. The course will empower teachers to teach struggling students more effectively. Since all classes have struggling students, this course will be invaluable to teachers who wish to reach every student in their classes. When the teacher is able to make learning accessible to every student, it makes the class more inclusive because every student feels comfortable to learn.
This course will be presented by Padma Shastry of Samam Vidya, Koramangala, Bangalore. Padma got her Master’s in Special Education from Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California. She worked in inclusive education her entire career. She was the Head of the Special Education Department at Buchser Middle School, Santa Clara, before returning to India to start Samam Vidya as a resource for teachers to facilitate inclusive education. In this course, she will be sharing the instructional materials and strategies gleaned from her university professors, and over the course of her career .
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Sensitization regarding the difficulties faced by struggling students
- Teaching methodologies by subject
- Specific skills and strategies for teaching different kinds of learners
- Classroom management strategies for managing a heterogeneous class
- Self-reflection and personal values of teachers
- Language of instruction: English
- Venue: Times of India Building, M. G. Road, Bangalore
- Start Date: July 23
- End Date: Dec 17
- Course Fee: Rs. 9000/-
- Installment plan available
- Rs. 500 discount for one-time full payment
- Group discounts available
- Groups of 2 – Rs. 8000 per person
- Groups of 3 or more – Rs. 7500 per person
- Student discount for full-time students only – Rs. 7500 (please produce college ID card)
- Limited number of free (donor sponsored) seats are available. Please call for details.
- A certificate will be issued jointly by the Times Foundation and Samam Vidya upon completion. (This is not a University degree or diploma. This is a knowledge module only. The certificate tells employers that you have knowledge of inclusive education.)
Please contact us for more information if you are interested in having this course presented at your school for your faculty.
(Bank transfer is available only for one time full payment. All other payment options will require you to mail in a cheque.)