“It takes a village to raise a child.”
So goes a very old and true adage. Here we would like to thank some of the people who have helped Samam Vidya do more to help teachers and students. While I have named some names below, there are several more, too many to name, who have helped with phone numbers, contacts, ideas and much more. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.
As Helen Keller said, “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
- Gail Gitt, my university professor, for introducing me to the simulation lab for the first time in university. She donated materials for the initial kit as well. Heartfelt thanks to her.
- Kai Shen of Shanghai, China for his thoughtful and generous donation of 10 MP3 players for the simulation lab. It is much appreciated.
- Sridhar Gunge, for his donation of Microsoft office software kits to Samam Vidya.
- Ritika Sahni of Trinayani, Mumbai for her encouragement and liaison opportunities.
- The Times Foundation for sponsoring the Simulation Workshop in Bangalore.
- Usha Iyer of Cupertino, CA for helping with assessment protocols.
- Sri K. S. Rajanna, the Commissioner of Disabilities, Bengaluru for his encouragement in trying to further teacher education in government schools.
- R.J. Karun of Puducherry for his progressive views and interview opportunity.
- NGO Shashwath of Bangalore for their publication of Vatavaran magazine for government school students.
- D. S . Manjunatha, for painstakingly translating Vatavaran magazines into Kannada
- Anila Bowers of San Jose, California, for her generous donation